Hi there

Welcome Guest
We typically reply within minutes
James
Hello! James here from Support team,this is sample text. Original text will display as per app dashboard settings
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Medieval fiddle

Medieval fiddle

Vendor
Available upon request
Regular Price
Sales Price
0 €
Regular Price

Just a story

This is the story of a man who walked into our workshop with a log of wood under his arm, a dream in his heart and a spark in his eye. He wanted to create a violin for his beloved wife. 

The log was far from the fine, resonant wood required for a proper violin.

As luthier, I knew that making a violin from scratch was a challenging task, but I was determined to help this man realize his dream. I worked tirelessly, carving and shaping the wood until it became a beautiful medieval fiddle or cornerless violin, whichever you prefer.

What wood to use?

The wood used in the making of this instrument was 98% Swedish, with "Betula" on the back, sides, and neck, and "Pinus silvestris" on the top. The remaining 2% came from Portugal, with "Juglans regia" and "fagus" used in the decorations.

As we worked on the instrument, we discovered that some old "hardanger fiddles" from Norway were also made with the same woods. It was a pleasant surprise to learn that we were using traditional materials in our modern-day creation.

The man who had walked into our workshop with a crazy idea became a friend, and we started working together to make more musical instruments. It was a reminder that we should always keep our minds open to whatever may come our way, for we never know where our next inspiration might come from.

The fiddle found its way into the hands of the man's wife, who was overjoyed with the gift. And so, what was once just a log of wood from a house is now a beautiful musical instrument, bringing joy and happiness to those who play and hear it.

Read more about this story here.

We are always looking for unique and unconventional ideas when it comes to building musical instruments. If you have a creative vision for your dream instrument, we would love to hear from you and work together to bring it to life. Don't hesitate to reach out to us and share your craziest ideas – we are up for the challenge!